OVAL stands for Outreach Volunteer Alumni Link. OVAL volunteers are alumni (and occasionally parent) ambassadors across the United States and around the world. They represent Stanford for the Office of Undergraduate Admission from the recruitment of applicants to the yielding of admitted students through alumni volunteer activities.
- Represent Stanford at local college fairs and regional information sessions
- Serve on panels at Stanford-sponsored events for prospective students
- Attend and/or host admitted student receptions
- Conduct first-year applicant interviews (in selected areas)
- Host volunteer training workshops
- Serve on a regional OVAL leadership team
For most volunteers, the OVAL time commitment will be about 5-15 hours per year. Visit our Volunteer Roles page for additional information.
You are eligible to be an OVAL volunteer if you are a Stanford undergraduate or graduate alumni or parent of a current Stanford undergraduate. For more information, please read our specific Eligibility Requirements.Updated on September 12, 2023 9:21 AM