How to Sign Up for OVAL
To register as an admission volunteer, first review our Eligibility Requirements to confirm that you are eligible to participate. Then follow these steps:
Click the “Register as a new volunteer” button at the top of the page.
Tell us if you have an SAA account. If you do, you will be prompted to log in to your SAA account to verify your alumni status with the University. If you do not, you will be prompted to create an SAA account.
Once your alumni status has been verified (verification may take 24 hours), you will be given a MyOVAL username and be prompted to create a password for the MyOVAL portal.
Once you are successfully logged in to the MyOVAL portal, you will be guided through five registration steps:
- My Personal Information: Please confirm your contact information in the Stanford Alumni Association database. If changes are required, you will be routed out of the MyOVAL portal to update your University record. Click Save to return to your MyOVAL registration.
- My Eligibility: Answer the questions to confirm your program eligibility.
- Areas of Interest: Use the check boxes to select the volunteer activities that interest you. Hover over each activity for additional information. You are required to select at least one area of interest to create your MyOVAL profile; however, all OVAL opportunities are optional and selecting an interest does not obligate you to participate. You may update your areas of interest at any time by accessing your My OVAL Profile.
- My OVAL Chapter(s)/Interview Preferences: Following the prompts, enter a U.S. zip code or country (non-U.S.) to choose a chapter where you wish to participate in OVAL activities. A primary chapter (where you live) is required, and you may select up to two additional optional chapters (secondary and tertiary chapters). Alumni in interview areas who have indicated an interest in alumni interviews will also be prompted to select approximately how many interviews they ideally would like to conduct per interview period. We hope interviewers will conduct at least 4-6 interviews over the course of an admission cycle. Volunteers may update their interview preference numbers at any time by accessing their My OVAL Profile.
- Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement: You must read and agree to adhere to a Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement in order to complete your registration.
Upon completing your registration, you will be directed to the MyOVAL home page. Please explore the MyOVAL portal, including reading the news items on the home page.Updated on August 13, 2020 2:16 PM